Buffalograss is a warm-season, native turfgrass variety that is known for its superior drought tolerance. It has fine, soft blades, with a medium bluish-green color. Our Buffalograss shines in hot, dry conditions, and is also cold-tolerant for our climate. It is often used as a lawn turfgrass where native species selection is important. Its drought tolerance also makes it an ideal grass for low maintenance areas, such as hillsides, roadsides, and native landscapes. Under no mowing, Buffalograss maintains an approximate four to six inch growing height. Limited availability.
Highlights of Buffalograss:
- Excellent heat and drought tolerance
- Only local turfgrass native to the United States
- Spreads laterally across the top of the ground
- Can be used in zero-maintenance, no-mow areas as a native semi-ornamental
- Will tolerate mowing for use as a full-sun lawn grass
- Goes dormant in winter, greening up again in mid to late spring
Residential/Commercial Lawns Use for native lawns and landscapes, or where low water-use is important.
Athletic Fields Generally not suitable for athletic fields in our climate
Parks/Institutions Used for native lawns and landscapes, or where low water-use is important. Good for low-maintenance or no-maintenance areas, such as hillsides and roadsides.
Golf Courses Good for low-maintenance or no-maintenance areas, such as hillsides, tee complexes, or steep bunker faces. Also use as a native, ornamental ground cover around rock walls, water features, etc. to add beauty to your greens complexes and other landscaped areas.
Types of Cut:
- Pallet: Easy to handle 20 x 40 slabs, perfect for do-it-yourself installation. 66 slabs per pallet = 360 square feet
- Big Roll: A continuous roll that can be installed with a tractor or skid-loader, with less labor. Good for large installation projects with limited obstacles.
- Big roll is 42 wide, split down the middle for two 21 strips. Standard size roll covers 360 square feet, but can be cut to shorter lengths upon request.