If you are having difficulty maintaining a beautiful lawn or athletic field in or near the greater St. Louis metro area, Heartland Turf Farms has you covered! We provide installation and servicing of Bluegrass Sod in St. Louis Missouri to a wide variety of homes, businesses, and athletic fields throughout the area. Our Bluegrass Sod is well-known for its quality in holding up to the extreme climatic conditions so typical of the St. Louis, Missouri area.
Heartland Turf Farms has been growing and maintaining Bluegrass Sod for over 50 years and has a wealth of knowledge and experience when it comes to providing you with quality installation and maintenance services. If your residence, business or athletic facility would be a perfect fit for our Bluegrass Sod in St. Louis Missouri, please contact us today to inquire about how we can assist your needs.
Kentucky Bluegrass Sod has been a traditional turfgrass for cool-season lawns since our family began growing sod in the 1960s. It has medium-to-fine, soft grass blades and a deep blue-green color. Our Kentucky bluegrass sod is a blend of modern hybrid varieties with a more compact growth pattern, allowing it to tolerate lower mowing heights for high-performance athletic fields and golf courses. Under proper care, it also makes a beautiful lawn grass, forming a dense turf that is deep green in color and soft to walk on.
Bluegrass Sod Highlights:
- Grows well in sun or partial shade.
- Superior dark green color. It is green most of the year.
- Soft texture makes it nice for kids to play on, or to walk on with bare feet.
- Recovery from wear. With timely fertilization, bluegrass will spread by rhizomes in the fall and spring to fill in bare spots.
- Under extreme heat and drought, Kentucky bluegrass can go into summer dormancy and come back in the fall.
Recommended Uses of Bluegrass Sod:
Residential/Commercial Lawns Makes a beautiful turf when it is well-maintained. An underground sprinkler system is recommended
Athletic Fields Best for high-performance athletic fields, especially soccer pitches, field hockey, and baseball infields. It provides consistent ball roll and a good cushion.
Parks/Institutions Grows well in sun and shade, plus has self-repairing capability to recover from foot-traffic
Golf Courses Can be used for fairways, tees, roughs, or green surrounds.
Types of Bluegrass Sod Cut:
- Pallet: Easy to handle slabs, 6 square feet per slab, perfect for do-it-yourself installation. 90 slabs per pallet = 540 square feet
- Big Roll: A continuous roll that can be installed with a tractor or skid-loader, with less labor. Good for large installation projects with limited obstacles. Big roll is 42 wide, split down the middle for two 21 strips. Standard size roll covers 360 square feet, but can be cut to shorter lengths upon request.