Since 2012, Ironheart Bermuda has proven to be one of the most winter-tolerant bermuda grasses for the St. Louis area. Expanded on our farm from a small test plot, Ironheart is a rapidly spreading bermudagrass, ideal for athletic fields and golf course fairways. Year after year, we have been impressed with Ironheart’s early and rapid spring greenup. Its near perfect density and consistency make it a premium surface for sports such as soccer, field hockey, and baseball, where ball roll is important. It grows well at low mowing heights and recovers rapidly from traffic. Ironheart Bermuda is available as sod or sprigs.
Ironheart Bermuda Highlights:
- Good density and excellent consistency for athletic fields
- Aggressive lateral growth provides quick recovery from wear
- An excellent transition-zone bermuda. Medium-to-fine texture and density are good for overseeding with ryegrass to facilitate use in late fall and spring.
- Excellent heat tolerance and good drought tolerance.
- Grows best in full sun
- Good cold-hardiness. Quick to green up and establish in the spring.
Types of Bermuda Grass Cut:
- Pallet: Easy to handle 20 x 40 slabs, perfect for do-it-yourself installation. 66 slabs per pallet = 360 square feet
- Big Roll: A continuous roll that can be installed with a tractor or skid-loader, with less labor. Good for large installation projects with limited obstacles. Big roll is 42 wide, split down the middle for two 21 strips. Standard size roll covers 360 square feet, but can be cut to shorter lengths upon request.
- Sprigs: Our sprigs are clean, healthy, and durable because they are dug out of the ground, not cut off the top. Each sprig contains the leaves, stolons, and roots of the plant. We dig them fresh, directly into your truck. Available for athletics and golf courses.