If you own or maintain an athletic field in or near the St. Louis area, Heartland Turf Farms would be more than happy to provide you with information regarding the installation and servicing of Bermuda Grass in St. Louis Missouri. Because athletic fields require the greatest amount of precision and detail when it comes to the surface, Bermuda Sod is the ideal grass type for any field that sees a great amount of use during summer sporting seasons such as baseball or soccer.
Heartland Turf Farms has decades of experience with Bermuda Grass and will work with you to ensure that your athletic field facility remains in tip-top condition year round. If your facility is located in or near St. Louis and you would like more information regarding Bermuda Grass in St. Louis Missouri, please click over to our contact page today to speak with one of our courteous staff members about your project. We can ensure you that you will receive the highest level of customer support and satisfaction from Heartland Turf Farms.
Quickstand Bermuda Grass is a warm-season turfgrass, aptly named because of its ability to spread laterally at an aggressive rate. Its self-repair capability makes it a good choice for golf course fairways and an excellent choice for athletic fields. Quickstand Bermuda Grass has medium-green color and medium texture and density. Its near- perfect density and consistency make it the ideal surface for sports such as soccer, field hockey, and baseball, where ball roll is important. It is also proven as one of the most cold-hardy bermuda varieties for the transition zone climate. Our Quickstand Bermuda Grass is grown with high-quality fertilizers to achieve a dense turf with good sod tensile strength. Available as sod or sprigs.
Bermuda Grass Highlights:
- Provides good density and excellent consistency for athletic fields
- Aggressive lateral growth provides quick recovery from wear
- A good transition-zone bermuda. Medium texture and density are good for overseeding with ryegrass to facilitate use in late fall and spring.
- Excellent heat tolerance and good drought tolerance.
- Grows best in full sun
- Good cold-hardiness
Recommended Uses of Bermuda Grass:
Residential/Commercial Lawns can be used in full-sun lawns. However, be aware it may spread into unwanted areas such as landscape beds, neighbors yards, etc.
Athletic Fields a top grass for any sport at any skill level. Quickstand bermuda is ideal for fields with primarily summer and fall play, but overseeding with ryegrass makes spring play also possible.
Parks/Institutions Good for full-sun areas
Golf Courses Fairways, tees, and roughs. Its aggressive growth pattern results in quick establishment and recovery from divots. Widely used on warm-season practice tees.
Types of Bermuda Grass Cut:
- Pallet: Easy to handle 20 x 40 slabs, perfect for do-it-yourself installation. 66 slabs per pallet = 360 square feet
- Big Roll: A continuous roll that can be installed with a tractor or skid-loader, with less labor. Good for large installation projects with limited obstacles. Big roll is 42 wide, split down the middle for two 21 strips. Standard size roll covers 360 square feet, but can be cut to shorter lengths upon request.
- Sprigs: Our sprigs are clean, healthy, and durable because they are dug out of the ground, not cut off the top. Each sprig contains the leaves, stolons, and roots of the plant. We dig them fresh, directly into your truck. Available for athletics and golf courses.